February 12, 2009

Fire


I obsess on certain subjects. Right now as some people know, I've been trying to come up with some way of doing the fire in my film. After Effects proving to be a huge pain in the ass (especially when no one I know is able/willing to help me on that topic) I've been forced to another option - Photoshop. I'll do all my effects in Photoshop, and then import them in Premiere. Seems to be the only way really. Having said that, I've been trying to come up with a look for the fire and smoke to compliment the style in Conflagration, and I think I've done that. I'm pretty happy with the overall look of that. Of course, that's a design on paper, with pencil crayon. the next step is applying some effects in photoshop in a simple enough way that I can make an action to apply to all the images of the animation. We shall see. Anyways, I'm obsessing. I'm watching every animated movie I know if to see how they've done fire. Sometimes its got lots of glow effects, sometimes there are no effects, its just straight flat colours of animation but the lighting of the characters is used to create the glow, and sometimes its a mix of both. I'll jsut have todecide what I want to do. I've always enjoyed effects animation anyways. This weekend I'll try to do some fire animation and see how applying the effects looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...